Changing a Parameter’s Type
No – you cannot directly change a parameter’s type ( number / option / text / calculation / URL ). But the steps below give you ideas how to work with this restriction.
You cannot use the exact same parameter name for two different types.
The simplest solution is to come up with a new name for the new parameter.
If instead you want to use an exact name or title for a parameter that you have already used and which is now not the right type for that parameter:
- First delete your old (wrong) parameter;
- Click “Manage inactive parameters” at the top of the window.
- Click the old parameter name and click the “Rename” button on the right.
- Modify the name in some way. Example: add “-old” to the name.
- Now your exact chosen parameter name is free to use for the type you want. Create New.